NASJA’s Annual Meeting is being held at Squaw Valley, April 11-15, in conjunction with Snowsport History Celebration by the Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame. Squaw Valley has great spring skiing in April and stayed open last year until July 15. Learn what’s new for next year, improve your communications skills, and network with your media and communications colleagues for a fun time in beautiful North Lake Tahoe. Registration is now open — details and link below.
- April 9-10 – Informal pretrip to Heavenly Valley. Interested? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday, April 11, 6:30-8:30 p.m. – Welcome reception. Le Chamois & The Loft Bar, Squaw Valley Village. Welcome reception is sponsored by Ski California.
- Thursday, April 12, 9 a.m. – Squaw Valley hosts NASJA with guided skiing, lunch and product demos. Meeting spot Gold Coast Funitel.
- Thursday, 6:30 p.m. – NASJA dinner, Jeff Blumenfeld’s ISHA presentation on “Bygone Gizmos and Crazy Ski Products,” and history chat. Montagnas, Resort at Squaw Creek.
- Thursday, 8-10 p.m. – Bogner Freestyle Reunion Party: films, stories, drinks. Location: SVR/Rocke
- Friday, April 13, 9 a.m. – Alpine Meadows hosts NASJA with guided skiing, lunch and demos. Meeting spot Gold Coast Funitel.
- Friday, 4:30 p.m. – NASJA Annual Meeting, Chief Granite Room, Resort at Squaw Creek
- Saturday, April 14 – Ski day at Squaw Valley or Alpine Meadows
- Sunday – Ski day at Squaw or Alpine Meadows
Hall of Fame Events highlights:
- Thursday, April 12, 8 p.m. – Bogner Freestyle Reunion Party
- Friday, April 13, 6-8:30 p.m. – snowX dinner
- Friday, 9 p.m. – Legends Alumni Party
- Saturday, April 14, 5-11 p.m. – Hall of Fame Induction
- Sunday, April 15, 9-11 a.m. – Dawn Patrol: First Tracks with Hall of Famers
For a complete list of Hall of Fame Events, please go to the event website. Prices vary from $25 per event to $300 per event, or you may purchase the All Access Pass for $550. Purchase tickets here.
More information for NASJA members:
Lodging is available at The Village at Squaw Valley for $189 (tax and resort fees not included) for a 600-square-foot one-bedroom condo that accommodates four or at The Resort at Squaw Creek for $179 (tax and resort fees not included) per room.
NASJA is holding its annual meeting in conjunction with the Snowsport History Celebration and the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame Induction. By attending at least one event, the Hall of Fame is offering us the discounted room rate. NASJA has decided that our members will attend the Bogner Freestyle Reunion featuring films, stories and cocktails for $25.
PLEASE NOTE: When you register for the Annual Meeting and pay $25 to attend the Bogner Freestyle Reunion event, we will send you a confirmation email with the information to reserve discounted lodging at The Village at Squaw Valley or The Resort at Squaw Creek.
Transportation is on your own. Reno is approximately 1 hour from Olympic Valley, where Squaw Valley is located. Although there are many airline options, Jet Blue flies nonstop from JFK to Reno and Southwest flies from Albany and New York City airports to Reno. Transportation to and from Reno Airport is available from various companies including North Lake Tahoe Express (northlaketahoeexpress.com) – costs approximately $49 per person or less if multiple people in group; Elevated Transportation (elevatedtransportation.com) starts at $145 for private SUV vehicles for three passengers and up. Rental cars are another option. Attendee list will be made available so that you can make arrangements to car pool.
Register for the NASJA Annual Meeting and the Bogner Freestyle Event:
Oops! We could not locate your form.