NASJA Annual Meeting March 24-29, 2020
NASJA’s Annual Meeting is being held in Sun Valley, Idaho on March 24-29, 2020, in conjunction with Snowsport History Celebration by the Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame and ISHA’s International Skiing History Week. Sun Valley calls itself the birthplace of destination skiing and offers more than 3,400 vertical feet and over 2,000 acres of varied terrain. March is a great time to visit Sun Valley with plenty of sunshine and prime conditions. Don’t Miss Out! Learn what’s new for Winter 2020-21, improve your skiing skills, and network with your media and communications colleagues.
Registration is now open — details are below.
Press Member Registration cost: $95 includes daily activities and several meals. Guest/Corporate registration rate: $119 includes several meals. Lift ticket cost for guests/corporate is $65 per day at Sun Valley. Voucher will be provided upon arrival.
Rentals will be provided for press from Ski Butlers. (Gratuities will be collected).
Lodging is in available at the following: Sun Valley Inn / Starting at $191; Sun Valley Lodge / Starting at $207; Limelight Ketchum / Starting at $207. Taxes and fees are an additional charge at all properties.
If you book at the Sun Valley Lodge or Sun Valley Inn, there is a free shuttle service from the resort to the airport. This can be arranged when you call 800-786-8259 to make a reservation.
Visit Sun Valley (visitsunvalley.com) also has attractive lodging prices and a variety of options.
You must book your lodging separately.
After you register you will be provided with links to the lodging discounts.
Tuesday, March 24 – Check into Sun Valley Lodging
- 6-8 p.m.: Welcome Reception at Bowling Alley and Game Room in the Sun Valley Lodge
- Dinner on your own
Wednesday, March 25
Breakfast at Legends (included in registration price)
Ski Day at at Sun Valley — Hosted by Kelli Lusk, Public Relations & Communications Manager *Note: Sun Valley will provide lift vouchers for two days for NASJA press members.
- 9:00 a.m.: Meet at River Run Plaza for mountain tour with Kelli and her team.
- 12:00 p.m.: Lunch with Kelli Lusk and her team (location TBD)
- 4:30 p.m. NASJA Annual Meeting, Columbine Room Sun Valley Inn – Professional Development – Engage Young Audiences: Telling Snow Stories Where the Twenty Somethings Read Jean Arthur will present on how to connect with young audiences where they seek news, discuss how they want to find information and explore when they tend to tune in—and out. Backpack journalism and new audiences may enhance your paycheck.
Jean Arthur, a Montana State University Teaching Professor, works with undergraduate journalism students and other young writers. Her writing and photography appear in Alaska Air’s Alaska Beyond magazine, Ski Trax, Out There Outdoors and other publications. Her latest book, Top Trails: Glacier National Park Must-Hikes is available on Amazon.
- 6:30-7:30 p.m. Reception at Limelight, Ketchum, Hosted by Limelight Ketchum, Visit Sun Valley
- Dinner in Ketchum (on your own)
Thursday, March 26 – Ski Day at Sun Valley
- 9:00 a.m.: Meet at River Run Plaza
- Noon: Lunch on your own. Options include Roundhouse, River Run Day Lodge, Lookout Day Lodge (Taco bar)
- 4-5:30 p.m.: Reception: Hall of Fame at Harriman Cottage (no charge)
- ISHA Awards Reception & Banquet (Pricing TBD)
Friday, March 27 – ISHA Historians’ Colloquium, X-C Ski Day at Galena Lodge
- 7:30 a.m.-10 a.m. ISHA Historians’ Colloquium, Sun Valley Inn, (limited availability). (Must pre-register, limited seating, $20 donation at the door. Contact Kathe Dillman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 9:00 a.m.: Cross-country skiing and lunch.
- 3:00 p.m.: Columbine Room Sun Valley Inn. Professional Development with Tom Kelly, former 32-year VP- Communications for U.S. Ski & Snowboard Telling YOUR Own Story. As journalists we’re experts at telling stories about others? But what about telling our own story? Communications professional Tom Kelly will speak on how journalists can use social media platforms to better tell their own stories, sharing their work to build greater value.
- 4:00 p.m.: Ski Hall of Fame Vintage Fashion Show
Saturday, March 28 – Ski Day at Sun Valley or Dollar Mountain
- 7 p.m.: Ski Hall of Fame Induction dinner
Sunday, March 29 – Depart
*Subject to change